11.18.2008

This Year's Model

Since I won't be going on any photo shoots until next week, and 'tis the season for wish lists (can you believe they're already playing Christmas music?!?) I thought I'd compile a few of my own. Here is my top ten list of models I'd seriously die to work with (although several would be extremely intimidating given their own outstanding personal style):

10. Maryna Linchuk - She's the up-and-comer of the bunch. Now that she's starting to get her share of the ad campaigns I'd like to see her used for more than just beauty shots. I think there is an edgier side that is not being utilized and I would love to bring that out with rougher styling, hair and make-up.


9. Gisele Bundchen - She brings such energy to her photos. I'd love to see what she could do on a photo shoot with a darker mood and styling.


8. Daria Werbowy - She has a very distinctive look that I cannot compare to anyone else. She can be extreme, toned down or anywhere in between, but still unmistakably Daria.


7. Sasha Pivovarova - I admire that she's willing to take risks in her photos. I loved the shoot she did with Hedi Slimane for the April 2008 issue of French Vogue.


6. Natalia Vodianova - She brings so much emotion to her photos. Almost a certain sadness. One of my favorite editorials of all time was the Alice in Wonderland story Annie Leibowitz shot for American Vogue. Only Anna Wintour could commission the greatest designers of our time to design a signature dress for Alice.


5. Gemma Ward - Quite possibly one of the most striking faces of the new guard. Her Kewpie-dollness begs to be photographed. Not to mention she's the perfect hanger.


4. Shalom Harlow - She's withstood the test of time, and is possibly even more captivating now. If you haven't already, view Victor & Rolf's Spring 2009 "runway" presentation. She was the only model featured in their digitalized show. Very V&R.


3. Erin Wasson - She has such great style and brings it to her editorials. But you don't see her enough. Maybe she's foregoing the modeling for all of the designing and styling she's been up to?


2. Anja Rubik - Forget Agyness, she's got the fiercest chop on the block. Anja can morph between tough and sweet in the swipe of a make-up brush. She is editorial, runway and kicked ass in the Chloe and Valentino ad campaigns this fall. Love her.


1. Kate Moss - Anyone who denies they feel the same is clearly lying. She is the most famous and versatile supermodel of all time. Period. I would love to just sit back and watch the master do her thing. And maybe even get some styling tips.

No comments: